MacBook Screen Repair
Damaged MacBook Screen Repair Service
Functionality Of The Screen
- internal breaks when the laptop falls,
- cracking when sharp of blunt object impacts the unprotected screen,
- dust around the periphery of the screen caused by a damaged dust resistant seal,
- he flickering of the screen graphics as a result of a loose screen connector or LVDS cable,
- black blank screen as a result of damaged display cable connecting it to the logic board or damaged LED backlight and scratched screen because of use of inappropriate abrasive cleaning material.
Damaged screens are fixed only by certified professional technicians.
Inspection Of Damaged Screen
The computer is visually inspected, and extent of damage determined.
1. To loosen the dual sided adhesive strip, a heat gun is used. It works by securing the screen to the cover glass. A gap should appear between the screen and tape. To break the strip, insert plastic into the crevice. This should be repeated along the perimeter of the tape. A strong suction cup is then used to separate the glass from the display assembly.
2. The four Philips screws holding the LCD to the display frame are removed.
3. Remove the clutch cover. This is done by sliding it to the side and applying gentle pressure.
4. Turn the display assembly so that the LCD may come free forward.
5. Carefully remove the Low Voltage Differential Signaling cables from the bottom opening of the screen mounting frame to free the LCD from the display assembly
6. Replace the broken glass screen and LCD and assemble. Make sure to clean off dust and fingerprints from the LCD and glass screen before final assembly.
Pick & Drop Services
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Apple, Mac, MaBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.