MacBook Keyboard Repair
Damage Keyboard Repair Service
The keyboard is screwed on the bottom of the top case of the MacBook. The repair of this component requires great skill and concentration. With us, you are in luck. We have the best Apple repair and service centers in Singapore with very skilled technicians to handle your MacBook keyboard repair issues efficiently.
Functionality Of The Keyboard
This is one of the most important parts of the MacBook. The keyboard is a peripheral device that is used to key in characters and functions to the computer’s logic board. This is done by pressing the keys corresponding to the character or function that the user wants to input. Some keys that are dedicated to one character while others contain several characters. Over repetitive use, a keyboard may break down because it is an electro-mechanical device and its mechanical parts (keys) are prone to mechanical wear. The keyboard is especially susceptible to loss of sensitivity in some keys or total loss of functionality across the keyboard. When this happens, the keyboard has to be replaced. Since it is a sensitive part of the MacBook and is connected to other sensitive parts, it has to be replaced by a trained professional. Keyboard replacement is a tough procedure because it requires that almost all components of the computer have to be removed to grant access to the keyboard fixtures.
MacBook Air Repair
Mac Mini Repair
MacBook Pro Repair
Mac Pro Repair
Accessing The Keyboard
1. Remove the Philips screws that secure the cover to the lower case and lift it to free it from the mounting tabs.
2. Remove the fan cables and unscrew it from the logic board.
3. Disconnect the display data cable and unscrew the screws holding the display data cable bracket.
4. Use a spudger to pry off the connectors of the subwoofer, camera cable connector, optical drive, trackpad, and hard disk from the logic board.
5. Remove the battery and then remove the logic board
6. Remove, the centre bracket, mounted using Philips screws,
7. Remove the keyboard backlight
8. Unscrew the two 3mm screws from the power button and unscrew the sixty-seven 2mm screws from the keyboard.
9. Replace the failed keyboard with a new one and reassemble.
Trained Repair Experts
The keyboard is one of the most sensitive parts of the MacBook, and it requires that its repair is handled strictly by a trained professional. Our repair experts in Singapore would offer you solutions for all your MacBook keyboard repair issues. We use only original hardware replacement parts to enable the laptop to last. We have qualified Apple technicians who can guarantee you to get a one stop solution to your troubles.
Pick & Drop Services
We are also the only MacBook service and repair centre that brings our excellent service to your doorstep. We have pioneered an innovative pick-up and delivery system. You ring us, and we come collect your MacBook for repair. Once our service technicians inspect your laptop, we send you a report for pre-authorization of any repair work on your MacBook. Once your keyboard is fixed, we deliver your laptop to your doorstep.
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Apple, Mac, MaBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.