MacBook Water Damage Repair
Liquid Damage Repair Service
We are a trusted, and reliable local Apple repair service in Singapore and our laptop doctors have been fixing computers since 1997. We use only original parts, whenever available, for replacement. The most common issue we get is MacBook water damage repair. This is the resultant destruction of electronic components in your MacBook due to spillage.
Parts Affected By Water Damage
Parts and accessories on your MacBook that are commonly affected by water damage are the keyboard, logic board and touchpad. Water damage to a MacBook may cause, unresponsive keyboards, flickering screen display, short-circuited logic boards, and memories and even damaged hard disks. The Logic board is the primary printed circuit board on MacBook. This is where the processor and other peripheral circuit elements are connected. Water on a circuit board is responsible for short circuits and corrosion of connectors on the printed circuit board. The screen is the graphical user interphase of the MacBook.
The screen displays in real-time the inputs to the laptop. Water inside the screen’s connectors can cause partial display, distorted display caused by flickering.
The keyboard is a peripheral device that is used to key in data into the computer’s logic board. The touchpad is the MacBook’s input device that is used for selection of items in the display provided. Water damage can cause distorted movement of the cursor of even total loss of the touchpad.
MacBook Air Repair
Mac Mini Repair
MacBook Pro Repair
Mac Pro Repair
DIY MacBook Water Damage Repair “First-Aid”
To prevent extensive damage to your computer, carry out these “first aid” procedures:
1. Shut down the computer using the power button and unplug the MagSafe power adaptor.
2. Open the MacBook lid and turn it upside down. Preferably lay it down on top of a towel on a stable surface.
3. The battery needs to be removed immediately. If your MacBook has a non-removable battery, you will remove the back cover using an Apple accredited Penelope screwdriver. Now you unmount the battery from the logic board.
4. Store it in a warm, dry place then consult an accredited technician.
5. A lint-free paper towel is used to wipe off the spilled water.
6. The cover is taken off, and the spilled water is cleaned off the logic board. The circuit is then examined, and the flow of power is traced throughout the logic board, and all circuit elements are tested. The damaged parts are replaced and tested again to ensure they work.
Efficient & Trusted Repair Service
We offer numerous specialized repair and service packages for different MacBook models. We have experienced staff that guarantees you get the best quality service when you visit our service and Mac repair center. Our repair service is among the best rated in the country. We have also pioneered a pick-up and delivery system for our busy clients with a complimentary loan of laptop. All you need to do is contact us and we will come get your computer. After inspection, we send you a report on the state of your PC, and you approve the recommended repair work. Once we are done, we deliver your repaired computer to your doorstep. This system is very efficient and effective for most clients, and we have received numerous excellent customer reviews. We operate with speed and efficiency to guaranteed your satisfaction in our services.
All product and company names are trademarks™ or registered® trademarks of their respective holders. Use of them does not imply any affiliation with or endorsement by them.
Apple, Mac, MaBook, MacBook Pro, MacBook Air, iMac, Mac Mini, Mac Pro, iPod, iPod touch, iPad and iPhone are registered trademarks of Apple Inc., registered in the U.S. and other countries.